Collaborative leader with 8+ years experience in product & marketing
Known for balancing data-informed decision making with compassionate people management. Documented strengths in building relationships with diverse stakeholders, coordinating groups to solve ambiguous problems on-time and under-budget, and asking the right questions.
WooCommerce / Automattic (Remote)
Product Lead, WooCommerce Marketplace | March 2018 to May 2019
Product Manager, WooCommerce Marketplace | Jan. 2017 to Feb. 2018
Growth Marketer | March 2015 to Nov. 2015
Retention Marketing Manager| Dec. 2015 to Dec. 2016
- Set a vision and defined targets for the Marketplace group, the largest group within the WooCommerce division. Revitalized team, processes and performance for division’s primary revenue stream.
- Grew from managing one to three teams, from five to 19 employees, and from one to five direct reports, within one year. Led hiring for three new roles. Previously, led five-person marketing team.
- Coordinated leadership team to set and execute a division-wide vision, including managing analysis of significant opportunities, organizing and heading leadership retreat, and defining staffing priorities.
- Introduced new processes to optimize project delivery: weekly sprints with demos, sprint boards for marketing & product teams, group-wide roadmapping tool (Roadmunk), content production & management tools (Buffer, Trello, CoSchedule), financial forecast for leadership team.
Research & Analysis
- Served as primary thought leader around Marketplace metrics. Investigated trends in subscriber growth, subscriber acquisition strategies, opportunities in different regions, correlations in product usage, customer lifecycle behaviors and recharge success rate. Evaluated team success by analyzing purchase, marketing (website, email) and business data.
- Ran first-ever Customer Survey, a quantitative study with 2,500 respondents. Designed survey, recruited respondents, worked with data science team to run cluster analysis, and presented findings.
- Worked with design team to coordinate qualitative research study for flagship extension (25 interviews) to understand customers, use cases.
- Identified gaps in Marketplace offerings, set goals and communicated insights to prospective developers via blog posts and presentations.
- Managed catalog of 100+ WooCommerce extensions. Maintained backlog, ran weekly grooming meetings with design and development leads, oversaw projects from requirements to launch. Led five major product updates.
- Led relaunch of the Marketplace, including renegotiating developer agreement, running beta program, launching new features, and opening up to submissions. Retained 97% of developers / vendors and decreased support burden by 15%. Marketplace saw a 21% increase in gross revenue.
- Identified low conversion from users to subscribers, and led release of first-ever in-product recommendations from proposal to launch in two months. Feature became Marketplace’s #4 revenue-driving campaign.
- Led WooConf 2017, the official WooCommerce conference. Set vision, recruited team, hired contractors, managed budget and analysed results.
- Launched automatic renewals, which doubled the renewal rate without increasing support burden.
Marketing & Communications
- Drafted organization’s first content and email strategies. Drove 74% increase in revenue from email within first six months.
- Managed communications for ten product launches and eight product updates, including WooCommerce Square (top 10 product).
- Responsible for improving site-wide promotions, from ideation to implementation and measurement. Personally led five sales, and directed team around two new targeted promotions.
- Tested new strategies for increasing list size, including first-ever webinar, long-form content campaigns and holiday tips campaign with partners.
United Way for Greater Austin (Austin, TX)
Digital Marketing Manager | June 2013 to August 2014
Marketing Communications Manager | Oct. 2011 to June 2013
Marketing Communications Specialist | Feb. 2011 to Oct 2011
- As organization’s first marketing technologist, championed online tools (email, social media, website) as new arena for donor relations.
- Collaborated with Information Systems team to implement new content management system (WordPress) and marketing automation (Pardot).
- Introduced project management tool (SmartSheet) for the marketing team.
- Created five new digital experiences, including ‘United for 90 Years’ Timeline: wrote 200+ highlights, oversaw development and managed promotion. Increased site visitors by 10% during 90-day campaign.
- Oversaw new website from requirements through launch.
Marketing & Communications
- Advocated for digital fundraising as a new revenue stream. Drove 500% increase in online donations over three years.
- Increased site traffic by 33 percent through search-targeted content
Cross-functional team leadership
Data collection & analysis
Product lifecycle management
Verbal and written Communication
The University of Texas At Austin
Bachelor of Science in Public Relations & Radio-TV-Film, and Minor in Business